Posted on Monday, December 10, 2012 in Uncategorized
The Journey Is As Important As the Destination
Traveling through the Twin Cities today has been anything but easy.
– Lengthy delays
– Slippery streets
– Stressed drivers
– Exhausted snowplow drivers
– Anxious bus drivers
– Fed up commuters
– Snow-day praying students who got a “no” answer
Our destination is just a tiny slice of our journey.
– We worry about approval
– We strain toward goals
– We stretch for benchmarks
– We dream about the future
– And too often we miss the present
When we’re fixated on the next, we miss the now.
When we choose to only feel frustrated when life seems out of our control, we won’t enjoy it when we get there.