I’m a man. Of the clan “men.” I love going to church.
That said, Murrow’s title was compelling. Here’s what I learned.
Here are his chapter titles and my brief summaries:
PART 1: WHERE ARE THE MEN?
1. Perfectly Designed – The church needs a re-design to open doors to men.
2. Yes, There Really Is a Gender Gap – And, it’s increasing worldwide
3. Men: Who Needs ’Em? – We do they bring balance, energy and drive
4. Who Are the Missing Men? – They’re getting “results” somewhere.
5. The Masculinity Bank – A typical man won’t do something he believes is feminine.
6. The Two Jesuses – We’re taught God’s meekness we no longer fear his wrath.
This is a preview of
Why Men Hate Going To Church by David Murrow
. Read the full post (608 words, estimated 2:26 mins reading time)
Posted on Friday, January 14, 2011
in Emotional, Social, Values
Oh, I know that after you read the headline the jokes are gonna come, but it’s true.
Last night I was drove home from work on a cold and snowy night. Snow-covered roads made driving a challenge. More than once I heard the rattling sound of my anti-lock brakes trying to slow my slide.
It was 11:00 P.M. and the roads were empty. I saw no one until I bent around the right curve of Brookdale Drive. There walking on the snow-caked sidewalks was a man. He walked I drove together we traveled in the same direction.