Posted on Monday, December 2, 2013 in Uncategorized
I’m not very good at relaxing.
Like many of you I had some time off of work for the Thanksgiving weekend. Unfortunately, even while I was “relaxing” I was not particularly restful.
– I read for work.
– I studied health and nutrition.
– Felt frustrated with the Chicago Bears.
– I followed my fantasy football players.
I was not particularly “rest-full.”
Is Rest Possible?
I know I’m not “good” at resting, but I know that it’s possible.
Posted on Monday, March 4, 2013 in Uncategorized
Charles Dickens wrote, “A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.”
We are fascinated by secrets, rumors and gossip.
I used to be offended by a statement like that until it became obvious.
“Obvious?!?”, someone might argue.
Maybe secrets, rumors and gossip are not the fascination of everyone, but how else can you explain:
– The popularity of fantasy sports & their paid “Insider” features
– The popularity of TMZ & the volumes of celebrity gossip
– The illegality of insider trading
– The mumblings and rumblings as most school lunch tables