Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2012
in Emotional, How To, Relational, Social, Spiritual, Values
William Wilberforce — as mentioned yesterday — was a bold, but peculiar man, who changed the world.
William Wilberforce was also featured in the movie Amazing Grace. It’s a powerful film that reveals the tension that Wilberforce faced in his personal and public life.
People who step forward or step “out of line” face that tension.
– Teens who stand up against bullies are often threatened themselves.
– Entrepreneurs who market boldly are often ostracized by their competition.
– Excited parents are glared at when they cheer for their daughter or son at sporting events.
– Weather forecasters are often derided when their forecasts are mistaken.
– Fans who cheer too loudly at sporting events can be shouted down.
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2012
in Emotional, Relational, Spiritual, Values
“She’ll be right” is an Australian phrase meaning, “Everything will be OK.”
It’s what I’m trying to say to myself this week and then next couple months as we miss my daughter Shannon.
Shannon is going to a “set apart place” to seek Jesus Christ on a deeper level in a place that is specifically designed for it.
“I am going to spend more time in the Word of God; in God’s presence, growing in boldness, grace and love.”