Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2013 in Uncategorized
This past weekend I was in a conversation with a group of people about when they received their first pair of glasses. I received my first pair of glasses in second grade. I couldn’t read the blackboard in school very well.
One person said third grade.
Another said fifth grade.
A fourth person said, “in junior high.”
“Really?”, I asked.
He added, “Well, I needed them years before, but I was just faking it.”
Just Faking It
Ah, just faking it.
Too often we fake reality wishing it was different, when it’s not.
Just faking it explains how
– Girls justify dating an abusive guy
– Guys justify dating a manipulative girl
– Dads justify their out-of-control anger
– Moms justify their alcoholism
– Husbands justify strip clubs
– Wives justify gossip
Just faking it.
In what way am I just faking it?
In what way are you just faking it?