Posted on Friday, June 15, 2012
in Emotional, Relational, Social, Spiritual, Values
I screwed up!
Monday I wrote that we have One Love That Is Shared By Two.
Tuesday followed with The Vows We Keep.
Wednesday I celebrated with a Happy 25th Anniversary to US!
Thursday I looked ahead believing that it was The First Day of the 2nd 25 Years.
Friday, I’m aware I screwed up.
I knew it wouldn’t take long.
I’m not perfect, and never claimed to be, but, seriously, it only took one day!?!
Let Me Explain
Amy needed my support and I was giving it to someone else.
Amy needed my listening ears and I filled them with someone else’s words.
Amy wanted my best and she got my attention as she laid in bed after 1:00am.
AND, that was after she DIDN’T:
– Scold me when I lost my wallet.
– Remind me of all the ways I should have prevented it.
– Judge me for my forgetfulness.
– Respond fearfully that our debit cards would be stolen.
– Accuse me of carelessly losing what little money was in the bank.
Amy DIDN’T do any of that.
I raced around.
I looked everywhere.
I also realized that:
– When my friend Heather lost her phone I lacked compassion.
– When I lost my wallet I suspected innocent people of stealing it.
– When I lost my wallet I wished that I had the information readily available.
So, Heather, I’m sorry for my cold-heart.
Dawn, thank you for the suggestion to photocopy my cards — front and back — and store them in a safe off-site place.
Amy, I’m sorry for how often you get the leftovers. Let’s keep working together to create what God called “invincible” love.
I want invincible love!
This is my hope for us.
This is my prayer for you.
This is mysilentscream.
PS – I found my wallet. Where I left it.