Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012
in How To, Uncategorized
I created a yummy Cod Stew today.
I could not find a recipe that was gluten-free and dairy-free online, so here is mine.
Ingredients Serve: 4
• 1 pound of cod, skinned, boned & cut into bite-size pieces (or pre-cut cod frozen @ Trader Joes grocery store)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil mixed with hot pepper seeds
• 2 large onions, 1 chopped, then other in large sections
• 2 (19-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
• 1 teaspoon basil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 can black beans
• 3 large carrots sliced 1/8” thin
• 1/4 cup frozen chopped mango
• (Optional) 1/2 teaspoon crushed dry chili pepper
How To Cook Cod Stew:
• Into a large skillet (4-5 quart) preheat olive oil mixed with hot pepper seeds over medium-low heat.
• Cook carrots & onions, stirring, for approximately 3 minutes, until soft.
• Mix in stewed tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt, black pepper, and crushed chili pepper.
• Bring to a boil.
• Lower heat, cover and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
• Bring to a boil, stirring .
• Mix in cod pieces & mango
• Cook over low heat, covered, for 10 minutes, until fish pieces can easily be broken-up with a fork.
• Just before serving, ladle stew into 4 soup bowls.
• Serve, garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
If for some reason you cannot see the image, it’s available here on Instagram.