Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2013 in Uncategorized
Are You An Introvert or Extrovert (And Why Does It Matter)?
Do you ever wonder where you fall on the introvert-extrovert spectrum?
Here is the place to assess yourself.
This quiz from Susan Cain’s QUIET: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking will help you self-assess.
Please answer each question True or False, choosing the answer that applies to you more often than not:
1. I prefer one-on-one conversations to group activities.
2. I often prefer to express myself in writing.
3. I enjoy solitude.
4. I seem to care about wealth, fame, and status less than my peers.
5. I dislike small talk, but I enjoy talking in-depth about topics that matter to me.
6. People tell me that I’m a good listener.
7. I’m not a big risk-taker.
8. I enjoy work that allows me to “dive in” with few interruptions.
9. I like to celebrate birthdays on a small scale, with only one or two close friends or family members.
10. People describe me as “soft-spoken” or “mellow.”
11. I prefer not to show or discuss my work with others until it’s finished.
12. I dislike conflict.
13. I do my best work on my own.
14. I tend to think before I speak.
15. I feel drained after being out and about, even if I’ve enjoyed myself.
16. I often let calls go through to voice-mail.
17. If I had to choose, I’d prefer a weekend with absolutely nothing to do to one with too many things scheduled.
18. I don’t enjoy multi-tasking.
19. I can concentrate easily.
20. In classroom situations, I prefer lectures to seminars.
The more often you answered True, the more introverted you probably are.
Lots of Falses suggests you’re an extrovert.
If you had a roughly equal number of Trues and Falses, then you may be an “ambivert” – yes, there really is such a word.
Tomorrow: More on the wonder of YOU!