Posted on Monday, July 9, 2012
in Emotional, How To, Relational, Social, Values
In the past couple weeks I’ve found myself in several conflicts.
Sometimes it was clearly my fault, other times it was a miscommunication, and I’ve also been attacked by others.
Whether it’s listening to someone we’ve hurt, listening to someone explain their perspective, or listening to someone we’ve been hurt by, almost everyone I know agrees that we need to become better listeners.
Here are six helpful tips that I’m learning.
6 Attitudes That Get In The Way Of Listening:
1. When we demand solutions.
2. When we take too much responsibility for the problem.
3. When we take too little responsibility for the problem.
4. When we believe that nothing will change.
5. When we don’t believe we will be respected and heard.
6. When we don’t choose to respect and listen.
Let us know what you’re learning about listening.